1/2

Country house with a vineyard near town of Koprivnica

This charming country house is fully equipped for every day living but can also serve as a wonderful weekend or holiday retreat. It's it situated in country side just 5km from nearest town which offers night life , restaurant, shopping centres, markets, concert, beautiful parks. 

The house consists of a basement, livingroom, kitchen, 1 bathroom, 2 bedrooms, balconies and a large teracce.

 

The garden has a small garden house and a barbeque, 200 vine vineyard that's easily managed, as well as an orchard and a forest. 

 

Amazing opportunity for nature lovers at only €17.000.
 

For more information or to arrange a viewing do not hesitate to contact us.

We can help with accomodation arrangements and flights.

Description           Ref. TK-1002

Location: Koprivnica, Novigrad Podravski

County: Koprivnicko-Krizevacka

House Type: Detached

Bedrooms: 2

Bathrooms: 1

Total Surfice: 49.00 m2

Plot: 1,500.00 m2

Parking: Private, for 3 cars

Last refurbrished: 2012

Utilities: Water, Electricity, Telephone, Internet

Energy rating: D

Nearst town: 5 km

Nearst airport: Zagreb

Price: €17 000

FREEEHOLD

Property Features

All our properties are available for viewing and we can help you organize your flights and transfer, hotel and car hire should you wish to explore the area.

Ref. TK-1002

About the area

Koprivnica has a history similar to nearby Varaždin: it was first mentioned in 1272 in a document by prince László IV and declared a free royal town by king Lajos I in 1356, and flourished as a trading place and a military fortress since.

In the 14th century, the town settlement further developed due to increased trade under the influence of Varaždin. During the construction of Renaissance fortification in the second half of the 16th century Koprivnica was the centre of Slavonian military border. Koprivnica had in its troops musketeers, German soldiers, hussars and infantry. At that time the Renaissance square emerges together with the Town hall which emphasized the renaissance identity, so Koprivnica is today legitimately considered a renaissance town.

The military aspect set it back some when it was included in the Military Frontier in the 16th century during the wars with the Ottoman Turks, but after Maria Theresia's decree of 1765 it resumed life as a peaceful little merchant town that it really was.

Its position on the border of Habsburg Empire and Ottoman Empire influenced the environment, economic, social and demographic changes, as well as everyday life. Koprivnica is therefore considered a border town. In the second half of the 17th century Koprivnica was among the most developed royal towns in Croatian-Slavonian Kingdom and its economic growth was in the first place based on strong trade activity. The fact that three most significant churches (St. NicholasSt. Anthony of Padua with Franciscan monastery and Assumption of Virgin Mary in Mocile further proves economic power of the town in the 17th century. Economic activity was moved outside the town fortifications and this resulted with the wide and spacious baroque square – today’s Zrinski square and Jelačić square. At the same time the oldest streets were formed and they established the development base for the town till the present days.

In the 19th century, old Renaissance and Baroque housing and trade objects were replaced with historicistical architecture and the new town centre obtained its present appearance. In 1863, the main part of the future town park was planted, and removal of the old fortification together with the construction of the railway determined the regional development of the town. Railway connections enabled development of industry and further established Koprivnica as a leading centre of Podravina region. Koprivnica Synagogue was built in 1875 in the center of Koprivnica. Today it is listed as a cultural monument.

In the late 19th century and early 20th century, Koprivnica was a district capital in the Bjelovar-Križevci County of the Kingdom of Croatia-Slavonia. The first concentration and extermination camp established in the Independent State of Croatia during the World War II was Danica concentration camp established in Koprivnica.[2][3][4]

Koprivnica developed significantly in the 20th century with the advent of the Podravka food industry, known worldwide for its Vegeta spice. They even have a museum of Podravka.

The annual "motifs of Podravina" event when the whole town becomes a gallery of naïve art. Many of the Croatian greatest naïve artists come from the villages along the Drava in this county, notably Ivan Generalić.

Renesance festival in Koprivnica every August 

Naš Ured

Trg Bana Jelačića 16 a

48 000 Koprivnica

Hrvatska

Kontakt

Tel: 00385 91 1601 888

Tel: 00385 91 7921 337

Tel: 00385 48 650 042

© 2004 - 2020 by Tara Nekretnine